This Crazy Easy Black Bean Mango Quinoa Salad is so good with the perfect amount of sweet, spicy and crunch. A gluten free and vegan possible lunch perfect for any day.
Crazy Easy Black Bean Mango Quinoa Salad, also known as my favourite quinoa salad EVER.
Mostly because this quinoa salad is actually so super easy to make and is jammed packed with so many big, bright flavours with fruity mango, crunchy peppers, lots of lime and spicy jalapenos this salad will not disappoint. All gluten-free and just so good.
I can’t wait for you to try this one!
But seriously, this huuuuge bowl of gluten-free Crazy Easy Black Bean Mango Quinoa Salad deliciousness is the stuff my salad dreams are made of!
Crazy Easy Black Bean and Mango Quinoa Salad
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves about 6
This Crazy Easy Black Bean Mango Quinoa Salad is so good with the perfect amount of sweet, spicy and crunch with mangos, peppers, lime and black beans. A gluten free and vegan possible lunch perfect for any day.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, cold or at room temperature (about 3/4 cup quinoa cooked in 1 1/4 cups water or stock and then cooled)
- 2 cups black beans (I used 1 19-oz can of beans that I drained and rinsed well)
- 1 cup red pepper, finely chopped (about 1 small-medium pepper)
- 1 cup mango, finely chopped (from 1 ripe mango)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
Sweet and Spicy Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 – 2 tablespoon maple syrup, to taste (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste (I used Frank’s)
- Pinch of salt
For the Quinoa Salad
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper together.
- Fold the beans and chopped veggies – red pepper, mango, cilantro, onion and jalapeno (if using) – in with the oil dressing until evenly coated. The fold in the quinoa. Stir until the salad is even mixed. Season with extra salt, pepper or lime juice, if needed.
For the Sweet and Spicy Lime Dressing
- Add oil, lime juice, agave (or sweetener of choice), hot sauce and salt to a bowl or mason jar. Whisk or shake until the salad dressing comes together. Adjust sweetness, hot sauce or lime to taste, if needed.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon over the quinoa salad before serving. (I like to keep the dressing separate until I am just ready to eat as I find too much extra liquid in the salad makes the quinoa and veggies go mushy over time.)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
MORE ABOUT THIS EASY BLACK BEAN MANGO QUINOA SALAD RECIPE…
As the name implies, this recipe couldn’t be easier to make.
I love all these flavours! This salad has all those wonderful flavours of Mexico (please take me to al the sandy beaches, warm sun and pool-side views now!!). The lime. The cilantro. The cumin. The fruit. The black beans (aka the true staple of any great plant-based meal with a little Mexican flare).
And made perfect just the way you like it because this quinoa salad has versatility too.
Because who doesn’t like a little versatility and all that go-with-the-flow thing in their salads?!
Don’t have red pepper in the fridge? Use a green one! Don’t have green onion today? Use red onion or even a regular onion! Don’t like mango? Try an equally sweet fruit, like pineapple! Don’t like the taste of cilantro? Try parsley! And obviously avocado is welcome at this party if you want!
All dressed up in a sweet-spicy limey dressing with cumin and salt. The dressing really does pull everything together!
Not to mention the greatest make-ahead lunch going! This recipe makes a ton of salad and it will sit deliciously in the fridge all week, making lunchtime crazy effortless. (And in case you are looking to load your fridge up with healthy salads to eat for lunch all week long you have to check out this one and this one too!)
This looks amazing!! What kind of hot sauce is typically used?
I made this last night for my lunches this week and I could not stop eating it…SO GOOD!!!! Thanks for a great recipe.
So glad to hear it, Pauline!!
Can you tell me how many this serves please, I think I missed it
Hi Cathy! This recipe makes enough for about 4-6 servings. The serving size depends on whether you are making this as a side to a main dish (then it’s about 6 servings) or as a salad main for lunch (it would be about 4 servings). Hope this helps!
Kristina @ Love & Zest says
This looks crazy good and easy! Loving all those flavors in there and so full of nutrition!
I love a good salad, especially one that packs in all the flavor, texture, and nutrition like this one! Love the black beans and mango!
Mango and black beans are always a great combination!!
Jessica @Nutritioulicious says
This sounds so bright and flavorful for the warm weather! Gorgeous!
Thanks, Jessica!! You will love it!
Taylor Kiser says
Crazy easy is right! Love all the delicious flavors going on in this black bean mango quinoa salad! Sounds perfect for lunch!
Yes – This is definitely the best lunch!!
I make something similar to this in the summer and can’t get enough!
Me either!! It’s just so good!!
This would be perfect for all of those backyard BBQs that will start happening soon. So flavorful and yummy!
Yes – this is definitely the perfect backyard BBQ food. You will love it!
I made this last night! It is my favorite quinoa dish so far! I skipped the green onion and added 1/2 jalapeño finely chopped. My husband and I absolutely loved it!
Rebekah, I am so glad to hear that you liked it! This is definitely one of my favourite quinoa dished too.
Alexa [fooduzzi.com] says
THIS. I LOVE this idea. Quinoa is so touch and go for me, but adding mango and that dressing to pretty much anything will make me a convert! Pinned and definitely making soon 🙂
Haha – mango has that effect on me too! Let me know how you liked it!
Rebecca this looks delicious! I have a similar recipe that I love but I’m going to try yours anyway.
Let me know what you think, Jill!
Whole and Heavenly Oven says
What a STUNNING quinoa salad! I’m pretty sure I know what I want for lunch today! Looks fabulous, Rebecca. 🙂
Thanks, Sarah!! It’s definitely a tasty lunch!
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
Oh golly! This looks amazing!! I love making grain salads and these flavors are sure to be phenomenal 🙂
Thanks, Megan!! Aren’t grain salads just the best?!
Sarah @ making thyme for health says
This is my kind of lunch! I love all of the flavors you’ve got going on and that it’s super healthy. Congrats on your upcoming honeymoon! That’s so exciting!!