Chocolate Quick Oats with Almond Butter make for a super easy and delicious start to any fall morning. Best of all, creamy, chocolatey oats are ready in just 3 minutes.
I think it’s going to be a good morning…
And a chocolatey and delicious morning at that with a big ol’ bowl of Chocolate and Almond Butter Quick Oats for the win.
This super quick and easy to make gluten free breakfast is also vegan possible (use that maple syrup instead of honey!) for the breakfast lover inside of us all (or the I really just need breakfast asap person too because this oatmeal breakfast is ready in just 3 minutes!!). And the more puddles of almond butter on top, the better.
With it unofficially ‘officially fall’ now, with it being almost mid-September and all, it’s time to start replacing those cool and creamy overnight oats with warm and cozy hot oats. (And can you believe I went all summer without posting one single overnight oat recipe?! What the what?! I know, it’s terrible!)
And with the cooler starts to each morning, I crave filling and I crave satisfying and I crave a cup of steamy coffee to go along with all of that. And oats are exactly what I need.
MORE ABOUT THIS CHOCOLATE QUICK OATS RECIPE…
It’s pretty much a bowl chocolatey dessert for breakfast – what is not to love?
I am so on-board with breakfast foods that can double as dessert or snacks or the occasional dinner!! There’s never a bad time for chocolate quick oats with all the almond butter, I’m telling you.
For this recipe I use gluten free certified quick oats. Quick oats don’t have the perfectly pretty oat shape or look to them but they sure do cook up fast! And most mornings quick breakfasts are good as gold.
And to be real here for just one second… By ‘cooking’ I really mean microwaving. Yes, this is recipe for oats in the microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. It’s really that easy!
These quick oats are mixed with almond milk (or your milk of choice) and heated in the microwave for about a minute and a half before the real magic happens…
Chocolate and Almond Butter – Welcome to the party! A whole tablespoon of the darkest, most delicious cocoa powder you can find get stirred into the gooey oats along with a big drizzle of almond butter, a squeeze of honey and just the teeniest pinch of salt. I KNOW!
Best topped with bananas and strawberries. Because those chocolate-covered banana and strawberries flavours are just too perfect here. And puddles extra almond butter. Because you can never have enough almond butter. And extra chocolate chips. Because more chocolate.
It’s going to be a good morning, friends!Print
Chocolate Quick Oats with Almond Butter make for a super easy and delicious start to any fall morning. Best of all, creamy, chocolatey oats are gluten free, vegan-possible and are ready in just 3 minutes.
- 1/4 cup quick oats (gluten free certified oats)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or use water)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (plus more for on top)
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (or more if you like it sweet)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Sliced banana and strawberries, for garnish
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the quick oats and almond milk. Stir together and microwave (microwave set to high power) for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir in cocoa powder, almond butter, honey and salt (if using). Return to the microwave for 1 additional minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir the oatmeal well. Top with fresh fruit, like bananas and strawberries, and a big drizzle of almond butter. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1