- 4 cups GF-certified rolled oats
- 2 cups GF-certified crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or used chopped whole almonds)
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup, if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (optional, but worth it!)
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine crispy rice cereal, rolled oats, almonds, hemp seeds cocoa powder and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl add coconut oil, honey and vanilla and microwave until the coconut oil has melted and the honey warm and runny, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Whisk the honey mixture well and then pour over top of the oat mixture. Stir with a spatula until all of the oat mixture is well coated and very chocolatey.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the almonds are toasted stirring every 10 minutes or so. Careful not to burn the granola.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar and let cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring to an airtight container.
It is pretty hard to tell if this cereal is burnt to a crisp so make sure you keep your eyes and nose on it!