This Chocolate Granola Cereal is a healthy and gluten free breakfast cereal meets granola recipe made with oats, crispy brown rice, hemp seeds, cocoa, honey and coconut oil. A chocolatey breakfast worth waking up to!
Gooooood Morning Friends!!
And let me tell you, it’s a super good morning for me because my pretty little face is buried in a bowl of this Healthy Chocolate Granola Cereal. And I am loving it!!
Because who wouldn’t love a chocolatey breakfast treat that is good for you too? Sign me up! Don’t worry – I’ll sign you all up while I’m at because we all need some of this on our breakfast tables ASAP!!
Gluten free oats, crunchy almonds, super nutritious hemp seeds, rich cocoa powder, crispy brown rice cereal naturally sweetened with honey (or maple syrup!) and vanilla then all stuck together with coconut oil. Only the best in my cereal bowl!! And now yours too!!
And it tastes good too! Like, so good! And Healthy Chocolate Granola Cereal is not only the best breakfast but the best snack and the best dessert and the best thing to munch on every time I walk into the kitchen… To the point where I may or may not be pacing around my apartment just so I can walk by the kitchen, you know, like, a hundred times a day because I just can’t stop. And I won’t stop!
#cantstopwontstop (which happens to be my new favourite hashtag!)
MORE ABOUT THIS CHOCOLATE GRANOLA CEREAL RECIPE
I used crispy brown rice cereal here (I love Nature’s Path Brand and it is always my crispy rice cereal of choice!! …this isn’t a sponsored post – I just actually love this product!). Have you ever put crispy rice cereal in granola before? Your mind will be blown!! It’s amazing!! It’s so crispy and crunchy. Perfect for any granola.
And here the honey-coconut oil combo makes for crazy big clusters. Because super clustery and mega chocolatey granola is where it is at!
I added hemp seeds here for a little extra nutrition (gotta get those omega-3’s in whenever you can, right?!). They add a slightly nutty flavour that goes oh-so well with the cocoa powder.Print
- 4 cups GF-certified rolled oats
- 2 cups GF-certified crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or used chopped whole almonds)
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup, if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (optional, but worth it!)
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine crispy rice cereal, rolled oats, almonds, hemp seeds cocoa powder and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl add coconut oil, honey and vanilla and microwave until the coconut oil has melted and the honey warm and runny, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Whisk the honey mixture well and then pour over top of the oat mixture. Stir with a spatula until all of the oat mixture is well coated and very chocolatey.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the almonds are toasted stirring every 10 minutes or so. Careful not to burn the granola.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar and let cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring to an airtight container.
It is pretty hard to tell if this cereal is burnt to a crisp so make sure you keep your eyes and nose on it!