A heavenly combination of chocolate and bananas for the perfect afternoon snack or dessert that tastes just like a chocolate milkshake but better!
- 3/4 cup milk (dairy or unsweetened nondairy milk like almond)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (or more for a super chocolatey treat!)
- 1–2 teaspoons honey (or use maple syrup)
- 3–6 ice cubes (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 large frozen banana (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Add all ingredients (milk, cocoa powder, honey, ice cubes and frozen banana) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
If your smoothie is too thin, add more ice. If your smoothie is too thick, add more milk until desired consistency is reached.
Want more out of your smoothie? Try adding ground flax or chia seeds, protein powder or collagen, peanut butter or other nut butter, or a handful of frozen leafy greens like kale or spinach.