A rich and creamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding made with ripe avocados, sugar, milk of choice and cocoa powder is the perfect sweet and chocolatey healthier treat.
Don’t let the avocado part fool you… this pudding has that smooth and silky texture that yoi would expect of pudding and it does not disappoint when it comes to rich and chocolatey.
Made completely gluten free and vegan with only FIVE ingredients.
Healthy dessert never tasted so good!!
I did have a sweet and spicy tofu and vegetable stir-fry scheduled for today buuuut I couldn’t wait any longer to share THIS!!
Who would have ever guessed how amazing something so simple could taste. How only five ingredients could taste so good.
MORE ABOUT THIS CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING RECIPE…
Lots of time with the food processor is really the only trick for this healthier pudding recipe. Be patient and let the processor make sure there are no lumps or bumps in the silky pudding treat.
I use unrefined, organic cane sugar always in my kitchen which can be pretty coarse depending on the brand. So I suggest blending the sugar with the milk to start to dissolve those coarse sugar grains.
2 medium-sized, ripe avocados do the trick here. You want to aim for about 1 1/4 cups of avocado with the pits and skin removed. Having a little less avocado if your avocados are a little smaller (or a little more if your avocados are a little bigger) is totally fine. The consistency will be just a little thinner or a little thicker but the flavour will still be there.
I found 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon is the perfect amount of chocolatey but you can adjust the chocolate to how you like it by starting with just a 1/4 cup cocoa powder and go up from there. Here you add just a pinch of salt and can add a splash of vanilla extract if you’d like.
This Chocolate Avocado Pudding is best served a little chilled and eaten the day it’s made. (My favourite way to serve it is with lots of fruit on the side – this pudding makes for the most luscious chocolatey fruit dip EVER!!) The taste is OK the next day but as the avocados start to oxidize and break down a little bit, as avocados do, the pudding starts to lose its consistency.
But just try to not eat ALL the pudding all at once.Print
A rich and creamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding made with ripe avocados, sugar, milk of choice and cocoa powder is the perfect sweet and chocolatey healthier treat. Don’t let the avocado part scare you… this pudding has that smooth and silky taste you’d expect of pudding and does not disappoint when it comes to rich and chocolatey either.
- 1/2 cup sugar (I prefer unrefined, organic cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy, almond, soy; I prefer soy milk)
- 2 medium, ripe avocados (about 1 1/4 cups; a little less or a little more will still be OK)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of vanilla (optional)
- Add sugar and milk to a food processor. Blend for 15 seconds or so until well combined.
- Add the avocado and blend for about 1 minute, scraping the sides half way through to make sure there aren’t any large chunks of avocado hiding.
- Add the cocoa powder and salt (and vanilla, if using) and blend for 15 seconds before scraping the sides really well before continuing to blend for about 20 seconds or so.
- Best served chilled for about an hour and consumed the day it is made.
Serve this dip with fruit on the side for the most luscious chocolate fruit dip.
Nutritional information uses soy milk and 1 1/4 cups avocado.
- Serving Size: serves about 4