- 3 cups uncooked, short-cut GF pasta
- 1 cup ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped or diced
- 1 cup curly kale, washed and finely chopped (from 1 small leaf of kale)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced or finely grated
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4–1/2 crumbled feta cheese (depending on how cheesy you want to be)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse well under cold water until the pasta is cool and no longer starchy to the touch.
While the pasta is cooking:
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chopped tomatoes, finely chopped kale, sliced olives, basil and garlic. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the vegetable mixture with the oil and vinegar. Toss to combine.
Putting it all together:
- Add the cooled pasta to the vegetable mixture. Toss to combine, or until the pasta noodles are evenly mixed in with the veggies and coated in the dressing.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Let the salad sit for 10-15 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to really mingle. Best if eaten within 1-2 days.