A super good smoothie packed with only super good for you foods – this Blueberry and Greens Smoothies has frozen blueberries and fresh spinach blended with strawberries, bananas and yogurt too. And you can’t even taste the spinach!
- 1 cup (packed) baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, or just more blueberries
- 1 small frozen banana, about 1/2 cup or so
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla or berry flavour yogurt works well here; optional but recommended)
- A handful ice cubes, optional
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1 cup cold water
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blended (or food processor or NutriBullet) and blend until very smooth. (Adjust the consistency of your smoothie if necessary by thinning with more water or thickening slightly with more ice.)
- Serve immediately.
My green of choice for smoothies is baby spinach. Although kale or swiss chard will work well too. I like to buy the bags of pre-washed greens so they are conveniently waiting in the fridge and ready to go straight into my blender.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes