- 1 can low sodium white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1–2 tablespoons agave or honey if not vegan, to taste
- 1 small clove of garlic, chopped or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or a little more to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add beans, tahini, vinegar, mustard, agave, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- While the food processor is running, slowly stream in water and olive oil.
- Continue blending until hummus is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the food processor as needed.