This Apple Cinnamon Granola recipe is a vegan, gluten free and healthy breakfast option made with only real and good-for-you ingredients. It’s like all the flavours of apple pie coming together in a granola that is pretty much like a healthy dessert for breakfast.
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten free certified)
- 1 cup whole raw nuts, roughly chopped (use your favourite like almonds, walnuts or pecans)
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried apple chips, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the coconut oil until melted. Combine with the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour maple and coconut mixture over top of the oats and mix and stir until oats are evenly coated. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and arrange oats into a smooth even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until oats are just golden brown and crisp, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven, give the granola one last stir then let cool completely on pan.
- Before transferring the granola to an airtight container, fold in the apple chips, cranberries and hemps.
Nutritional information includes almonds and hemps.